Sunday, February 21, 2010

And so it begins – The start of training

The weather's been starting to get a little warmer up here in good ol' Beantown, and everyone's starting to come out from hibernation as all the remaining snow starts to melt. I was originally going to get up and go for a run first thing in the morning, but I let myself sleep in and enjoy the comfort of my pillow a little longer. But after a day of some much needed rest and relaxation, I had to get up and do something with my life. So I put on my running shoes and hit the pavement.


I went on a little 3-mile run down to Cleveland Circle, up to Comm Ave (without getting hit by the T barreling down the middle of the road), and around the reservoir. Just enough to get the blood and muscles moving. I have 18 weeks until the big race on June 27, so I'll have plenty of time to be getting in loads of mileage over the coming weeks. Most half-marathon training plans are usually 8-10 weeks long, so I have plenty of time to get ready. I've been working on a training plan, but I have to be a little flexible right now between work and studying for the MCATs (which are in *gasp* less than 5 weeks!).

And I think it's time to get a new pair of running shoes. Hooray for new shoes! I've probably logged several hundred miles in the ones I have now and I'll be doing upwards of around 50-60 miles/week, so I'm probably going to go ahead and grab a new pair. This week, however, will be a nice and easy week with only around 25-30 miles or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment