Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Embarrassing running story

Luckily I have no problem laughing at myself when I do something mildly or exceptionally embarrassing. Well, today I did one of those things. So normally I go out for runs in the morning because the roads aren't full of traffic and the city is calm and quiet. Quite frankly it's relaxing to go out for runs in the morning. But recently the weather's been warmer and running in the afternoons after work has become increasingly tempting. So today I went out for a run after work. So there I am running along, going at a nice easy pace. Then BAM! I trip and next thing you know I'm crashing onto the ground. We're not talking a soft landing here. We're talking a hard crash of the concrete sidewalk meeting my palms followed by a roll onto my back. I sit up, look down, and find the culprit: a loose shoelace. I think to myself, "You have got to be kidding me." I get up, laughing, and some guy running in the other direction asks if I'm okay. Then the two girls behind him were laughing and said, "Don't worry, no one saw that. Just everyone staring at you right now." The one day I go for a run in the afternoon and this is what happens. Awesome. Haha, thank God I can laugh at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment