Saturday, June 26, 2010

1 final day!

This is it. My bag is packed. I've got my racing bib, shoes, gear, food, everything. It's all ready to go and so am I! I can't believe the race is tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to the early morning wake-up call, the craziness in the morning, the pre-race jitters, and the starting gun. 13.1 awesome miles await, and I can't wait to bring them down.

Team Challenge New England!

I went on my short 3-mile run today and got in a good stretch. That's it. The next time I run will be tomorrow morning, and it's going to be my first half marathon. I'm so excited I don't have words for it. This whole experience has been amazing. From signing up, getting started with fundraising, seeing everyone pitch in, training, meeting absolutely inspiring people, being injured, learning more about my Crohn's, sticking with it, and getting to the starting line ready to go. It's crazy. It really is. The past few months have flown by, and spending that time with Team Challenge has been awesome.

6:13 tomorrow morning the gun will sound and I'll be off along with all my Team Challenge teammates. I can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday.

If you're in the area and want to come out and watch that'd be awesome! It's going to be an absolute blast! Check out the 13.1 Boston website here for all the race day information, including directions, parking information, and all that good stuff.


Thanks again for all of your support, and together we'll conquer Crohn's and colitis!

No comments:

Post a Comment