Friday, June 25, 2010

Bib #289 - It's game time

So I ran downtown after leaving work a little on the early side today to pick up my bib number and race shirt. I'll be running as #289 on Sunday, and I seriously can't wait!


It's really starting to hit me that this is going to be my first half-marathon. 13.1 hilly miles of running. The tough part is that I'm pretty competitive at heart, but I still need to watch myself and make sure I don't incur any injuries. The only thing worrying me is being on prednisone, which has caused me problems in the past. But I've been taking calcium supplements twice a day, everyday since I started the prednisone and I feel awesome. I can honestly say that I'm just happy to be running with such an inspiring group of people for the CCFA. That in itself is enough for me. I don't feel the need to hit a target time or anything like that. (I'll leave that for my next half-marathon.) As some of my good buddies would say, the score is fun to fun.

Tomorrow morning I'll head out for a short little 2 or 3-mile run just to loosen everything up and get in a good stretch. Then I'll pack up my things for the night with Team Challenge at the hotel downtown and be on my way! Don't worry Mom, I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment