Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So close!

Yup, so it's been a while since I last posted on here. About a month actually. My apologies. Work got a little busy and then I got my third flare-up this year. But I'm finally feeling better, and I've finally remembered to write something in here!


It's crazy that the half-marathon is just a little over a week away! I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. This weekend at our group training we're getting our race singlets, so it's official! I'll be running all 13.1 miles come June 27! I'm a little worried, only because the prednisone that I've been on for what seems like the better half of this year has seriously weakened my bones. So much so that I actually notice it after a long run. But regardless, I'm going to run the half-marathon to prove to myself that yes, I can do whatever I set my mind to do despite my Crohn's or any drugs that I'm on.

As for fundraising, so far with all of your help we've raised $1,864 to fight Crohn's and colitis! That's outstanding! Together we've already made a huge step forward in taking Crohn's and colitis down. I honestly can't thank all of my donors enough, especially as this cause is so obviously close to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment