Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring is in the air!

There's nothing like coming home to a house full of fresh air after leaving the windows open all day. Mmm, fresh air after the winter months is a welcomed change of pace, especially after last weekend which left much of Boston flooded and the D branch of the Green Line washed out. But still, Team Challenge came out strong last weekend despite the cold, wind, and rain!

Team Challenge New England - Week 2!

This morning found me back in Southie at Carson Beach for our third Team Challenge New England group run. We ended up getting in somewhere a little over 5 miles, which for me was good because my 8-mile run earlier this week left my right knee with a little pain. But I'm going to be taking it easier this week because of, well, getting ready for the MCAT. I know I've gone through all the material multiple times, taken plenty of practice tests, and am prepared to take the exam, but I need to keep the material fresh for just one more week until next Saturday. So as far as this week goes, I'll probably just be going out for some shorter runs like 4, 5, 6 miles or so in the morning before work. I may make it to the group run next Saturday, but I'll probably let myself sleep in the day of my test. I'll probably have to skip anyway because I'll need to get to my exam at least a half-hour before in order to get registered, my ID checked, my fingerprint confirmed, and settled into my computer. Yay for modern testing. I think it'll be better for me to just get in a nice run, eat a good solid breakfast (Eagle's Deli anyone?), and get psyched for my exam. I'm serious when I say I'm kind of excited to take this thing. Sure it'll be exhausting, but I'm ready for it. Plus after I can focus more on my training! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment