Monday, March 29, 2010

So THIS is what it's like to have a life.

Last Saturday was the MCAT, and ever since that's been over I've been almost confused as to what to do with my new allotment of free time. Seriously, I've gone from waking up, studying before work, going to work, coming home, studying, and then going to bed, day in and day out for the past couple of months. I've stayed in on multiple weekends in order to study. It's all I've been doing, and now I'm done. Well, until I get my scores back in about a month.

So now that I'm done with that wretched exam, I've been excited like a little kid to get back into running and training. I actually got up bright and early this morning and went for a little run despite the rain. Running in the rain never bothered me. It can actually make it kind of fun, because it's sort of reminds me of being a little kid when mom would kick my brother and I to go play outside, only to have us return hours later covered from head to toe in mud. For me, getting a little dirty has always been a sign of having a good time.

However, unfortunately there's been something going on with my knee. It's only my right knee, but I think there's something a little out of alignment. I'll have to figure it out. Something like this happened about a year or so ago, and I think what I really need (but of course don't want to do) is rest. Regardless, it's good to finally have the time to focus on my training, even if that means I need to take it easy for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment